Our Trip via Gogal Map

Our Trip via Gogal Map

Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 11 - Ft Pierce to Stuart FL, Our Final Destination

We left Ft Pierce at 7:45, a little later then normal, but we only had 30 miles left.  Before we knew it Bob was telling us about all the buildings and bridges around us.  He was close to home.

At 9:15 we made a turn to the port and there was home.  We were met at the dock by Bob's friends, Peter and Stephanie Lutz who helped us tie up and get the power hooked up.

Final numbers for our trip:

Total miles - 1839
Average MPH - 17.4
Gallons Used - 2156
Total Hours on the Engines - 119
Average MPG - 8.5
Total of 10 1/4 Days

What a trip!  Mike and I cannot thank Bob enough for his generosity and hospitality.  This trip has been such a great experience and just re-enforced the fact that we love boating and are looking forward to obtaining our captains licences in November.  We both have learned so much and along the way have met and become friends with two wonderful people.

Thank you Rick for not only your friendship, but for all the photo's.

Soon I will be attaching a slide show of our odyssey and also the video that Bob did of NYC, Norfolk and the final interview of the crew.

Thank you also to all that followed us.  We loved all the support and comments.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Hey fellow mates.

I also want to thank the skipper for the adventure. It certainly was a wonderful experience!

Very bittersweat leaving you in Melbourne and not finishing the entire trip. (I only missed the last 5%) Hopefully I trained y'all well enough to find your way home :)

Last night I attended a powderpuff football game at my grand niece's high school. Her boyfriend was desssed in drag and was one of the cheerleaders, while she got to play several plays in the game. She's a senior and they won 26 - 6 over the juniors. It was another terrific sunset. (I like to think that was about the time you were toasting me, but we never ate that early did we)

I told my wife that I wished she and my son could've made the trip as well. I know they would've been as blown away as I was! (Not sure where we would have put them...) I do thank her for allowing me to go though. She had to accomodate for all the things I do and no one knows about.

I leave tomorrow evening ~6pm from Kissimmee on Amtrack to return to Raleigh NC (actually Cary) on Sunday morning. Can't wait to see my family, including the dog.

obtw - As bad as you want the fuel mileage to be up, I believe it was more like 0.85 mpg. But hey, we did a lot of miles at 0.5 - 0.7.

Anyone interested in my photos can take a look at Photo Finish by Kreiselman!. It'll be a few days before I get pictures of the trip posted, but some of my other stuff is there.


Love you guys -- Rick (aka Renegade)

Anonymous said...

So when do you return to good ol' Wayne County!?!?!?

Tom Currie said...

I've been following your trip with great interest but have had problems sending a comment - too old I guess! Hope you get this one. Good luck to both of you; what a great adventure!

Tom Currie, Australia.